Published in Kitchen at Friday, July 13th 2018 05:51:25 AM by Rosettam Bolduc.
Kitchen is considered to be the heart of a house. Although this place is not often visited, it does not mean we ignore the appearance. In decorating kitchen, cabinet is usually the first part to think of. There are various types of it. Espresso kitchen cabinets are the most popular type among the homeowners. There are some advantages as well as disadvantages we can get from this dark color cabinets.
If you are planning to install kitchen cabinets, you might love the espresso one. You will get some benefits as you can see below.
1. Espresso cabinets are considered to be versatile. It means it is able to match with other color. It usually works better with contrasting colors. Hence, combining it with bright colors will be an easy job to do. This is one of the biggest reasons why most people prefer this type.
2. We can create several different looks with this cabinet. The looks we can get here are like luxurious and classic. The dark brown color is the reason behind those two styles. It seems glamorous, expensive, and also modern. It depends on how we decor the kitchen to get one of the looks we mentioned before.
3. Some kitchens could be felt boring or plain. However, we will not have that typical issue with espresso cabinets. Instead, it will add such a dramatic atmosphere toward the kitchen. By that, we do no need to spend more money only for increasing the mood of this room.
If there are pros, then there must be cons. Yes, we might also have some problems owning cabinets in this dark color.
1. We need to clean it regularly. If you ever think dark cabinets have no dirty issues, think again. As a matter of fact, dirt's like dust, sauce splatters, and many more is really easy to see on the surface. Thus, we must often wipe it out with a damp cloth.
2. Besides dirty problems, we might also have to deal with scratches. Once it gets hit with something hard, there will be a clear mark left on the surface. To avoid this, we must carefully treat it while using it. You might want to prepare a cover stick or varnish that has the same tone with the cabinets.
3. The dark tone of espresso kitchen cabinets is quite heavy. If we pair it with other dark decors, our kitchen will look dreary. Not to mention, our kitchen will look smaller too. The best solution for this matter is to combine it with decoration that has such lighter or brighter tone.